Bonus Post: Halloween

Hey everyone and Happy Halloween!

On Thursday my classmates and I decided to dress up for Halloween! This was a last minute decision (we decided to do it on Tuesday) but it turned out really well overall! 

We decided to to the Wizard of Oz. I ended up being Dorothy. :) 

Here's some pictures from the day:

My Dorothy costume (sans Toto). Tip: If you ever need ruby slippers, buy a pair of cheap flats (any color) spray paint, and glitter. Spray the shoes, apply the glitter, and let them sit out overnight. Way cheaper than buying new shoes. :) 

Glinda, Dorothy, and the Wicked Witch (Fun facts: my mom actually DIY'ed the Glinda crown for a costume a few years ago and Whitney (the Wicked Witch) DIY'd her skirt.)

The gang's all here: Dorothy, Glinda, the Cowardly Lion, and the Wicked Witch of the West or me, Brittany, Kaitlyn, and Whitney

The two witches (Brittany and Whitney)


Kaitlyn the Cowardly Lion


My favorite - the Wicked Witch trying to steal the ruby slippers

The day was a lot of fun and our teachers loved it! There's only five people in my classes (including me) so all of us dressed up but one (see Brantley in the background above haha) but he took a lot of our photos so it all worked out! :)

Also, Halloween means pumpkin carving! I have a tradition of carving a Disney pumpkin every year, and this year was no different. I knew it would be hard to top my Tinker Bell pumpkin last year, but I gave it a shot and decided to carve a Tangled pumpkin (specifically the lantern scene - literally my favorite movie scene of all time):




I'm really happy with how it turned out! It may be my new favorite.

Plus, here's my mom's Cheshire Cat pumpkin:


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and it even though it stormed it was still a good one in the end! Hope everyone else has had a great Halloween!



-Elizabeth

Comments