Whoa...it's been a while...

Hi everyone!


So...I haven't posted a single thing since November (and that last post was left in my drafts that I just got around to publishing) and I sincerely apologize for that. I started this blog with the best of intentions and kept it going strong and on schedule until the beginning of November.

Then it all fell apart, ha. November was a busy month for me and I had a million things going on school-wise but I still had photos of all my outfits and meant to post them when I was on Thanksgiving break...but I also happened to clean out computer then too and accidentally deleted all the rest of my November outfit photos... :(

Still, I planned on resuming everything in January when I started my full-time student teaching but as you can see that never happened. The first week was of course busy and overwhelming and when I didn't post that week I just decided to save my time and quit the blog for the time being...

And now it's April.

I only have one month of student teaching left but I want to finish this blog out. Even though this blog takes more time than I originally thought it would, I do enjoy it and it really motivated me to stay focused on school and on my goals.

So expect new posts next week when I'm back from spring break! :)

____

So...what all has happened since November?


Well, a few days after my last post I went on a school trip to present my honors research in Chicago. Long story short my thesis was about the effectiveness of Finnish teachers and I definitely encourage everyone to look up Finland's education system - there is so much to learn from this European school system. Anyway, Chicago was great! It was also the first time I flew and traveled out of the South so it was a truly exciting time! I've always wanted to travel more so this trip was literally a dream!

A few snapshots from Chicago:
First Flight



North Shore of Chi Town from the John Hancock Tower!


Research Poster


And, of course, the Bean!



A few weeks after that I finished up my field experience in kindergarten! It was very hard to say goodbye to such sweet kiddos:




Then came the absolute best season of the year, Christmas! :)

Tacky Christmas with Brittany and Whitney,
two other fabulous student teachers!


Then 2016 began and started my full-time student teaching at the same school that I was at last semester. However, this time I am 3rd grade! Honestly this placement has been great! I love this grade-level and once again I am working with amazing teachers, staff, and students! I am very blessed and have had some many great experiences this semester:

I've made cute Bulletin boards:


I've worn crazy hats:


I've made Dr. Suess-themed cookies:


And I've been Easter-egg hunting:
Actually one of the boys gave me all of these and told the other
students it was because I'm a princess. :) So sweet!
(Glad someone acknowledges this haha)

Not to mention all the field trips, extracurriculars, parties, and everything else, really! These students have touched my heart and continue to teach me, put a smile on my face, and remind me why I am going into education at a time when many say that I shouldn't.

For those of you who have their full-time placement coming up next semester or after: Don't be afraid! I was SO nervous in January but I am loving student-teaching! Plus I think I have learned more about how to be and effective teacher and the teacher that I want to be this semester than I have in my previous 3.5 years as an education major! (Plus this semester really prepares you for post-grad life, which is something other majors/career fields fail to do.)

So yeah, life is good! Plus now I'm on Spring Break and actually went to the beach:

Perk of living in a coastal area! :)



BUT I also have more big thing to announce:

I have accepted a Professional Internship at Walt Disney World as an Education Presenter!!!!!!!



I'm going to working with the Wilderness Explorers program at Disney's Animal Kingdom. I'll get to work with kids and share my love of Disney so it's literally a dream come true! I'm so blessed and grateful to have such a wonderful opportunity.

So if you happen to be at Disney in June - January, look for me in one of these costumes:



____

Well, I think I've updated everything for now! So many exciting things are happening, and I aim to make the most of these wonderful opportunities!!

Stay tuned for posts next week!!!


Wishing all of you the very best,

-Elizabeth

Comments